Wise Electric Cooperative is looking to fill the position of Dispatcher at the main office in Decatur, TX. The qualified applicant should be responsible, highly motivated, and able to work in unsupervised conditions as needed. While a college degree (associates or better) is recommended, it will not be required of the applicant who possesses past experience in utility service, construction, or maintenance of electric distribution facilities. Experience in Geographic Information System (GIS) programs would be preferred as well. Will need to be able to accurately receive information from Members and relay that information for the appropriate field or office personnel. Accurately relay information to ensure personnel safety and well-being.
POSITION SPECIFICS & BENEFITS
- High School Diploma Required, College Degree Preferred
- Experience in Electric Utility Service, Construction, or Maintenance Preferred
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) knowledge Preferred
- Starting Pay @ $24.00+ per hour or more Depending on Experience
- 8AM to 5PM Monday thru Friday
- Overtime Hours available when applicable (Emergencies, Storms, Unexpected Events)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid PTO
- Medical, Rx, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans – Pension and 401k
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across multiple departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong adaptability
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow
- Proficient using Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to operate office machinery, such as copier, fax machine and personal computer.
Qualified applicants will need to be able to pass a physical and drug test post-offer but pre-employment.