As of 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, August 11, 2015, the Wise EC has terminated the pole inspection contract with Osmose Utility Services. From this point, there should be no Osmose employees working on any sections of cooperative poles or lines and there should be no Osmose employees performing any work on cooperative member's land. WEC will update this notification with any changes to pole inspection programs in the future. If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, please contact our office at 940-627-2167.
The cooperative has recently retained the services of Bird Construction to assist in pole changeouts in the Bowie area. The crew will be working in the areas of Hwy 59 north of Bowie toward Montague. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our office at 940-627-2167.
Consumers can help ensure the system is able to continue serving current power needs by taking the following steps to reduce demand on the system during the 3-7 p.m. peak demand hours:
- Turn off all unnecessary lights, appliances and electronic equipment.
- When at home, close blinds and drapes that get direct sun, set air conditioning thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, and use fans to cool the air.
- When away from home, set air conditioning thermostats to 85 degrees and turn all fans off before you leave. Block the sun by closing blinds or drapes on windows that will get direct sun.
- Do not use your dishwasher, washer/dryer, hair dryers, coffeemakers, or other home appliances during the peak hours of 3 to 7 p.m.
- Avoid opening refrigerators or freezers more than necessary.
- Use microwaves for cooking instead of an electric range or oven.
- Set your pool pump to run in the early morning or late evening, not during peak demand hours.